Set Up Default Pricing First
In order to create a Beacon price list, you need to have a populated product list with default pricing created first. This is covered in the Level 2 setup guide. Learn more about setting up your default price list here.
Add a Beacon price list to get up to date material costs from your Beacon Pro+ account. Any item in your default price list can be linked to an item in your Beacon price list. Before getting started, make sure that your Beacon Pro+ account is linked to SumoQuote.
To create a new price list connected to a Beacon branch:
- Go to Configuration > Account Settings > Products & Pricing
- Click + beside your Product List to add a new Beacon price list.
- Select the Beacon branch you would like to sync your pricing to.
- Click Next
- Optionally set a new name for your price list..
- Click Continue.
To link items in your default price list to your Beacon price list:
- With your Beacon price list open, click Link Item on the right side of the screen just above the grey header.
- Search for and select the item in your default price list that you would like to link to Beacon and click Next step.
- SumoQuote will search for a match in Beacon's catalog to link to. Select the item from the catalog you want to link to and click Next step.
- Select the SKUs associated with the selected product you would like to use in your price list and click Link to Price List
- Repeat for each item you would like to include in your Beacon price list.
To adjust the Labor or Margin prices on a linked Beacon price list item:
- Select the Beacon pricelist you want to make edits in.
- Search the item name in the Search by Name, Description, Unit bar, and then click the pencil icon next to a linked item you wish to edit.
- Make adjustments to the Labor and/or Margin prices.
- Click Save.
Material prices cannot be adjusted in SumoQuote on a Beacon Price List
The material cost of items linked to Beacon is set automatically through Beason and cannot be edited. If there is a discrepancy between the price in SumoQuote and your catalog, please contact your Beacon Rep for assistance.
- Go to Configuration > Account Settings > Layouts > Reports
- Click on the pencil icon beside the layout you wish to edit.
- Click on Layout Settings in the top right corner.
- Under Pricing select the price list you wish to use from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
- Click Publish in the grey bar to finish.
This Layout will default to use this price list when used in a report.
- Open any project and open a report for editing.
- Click on Report Settings in the top right corner.
- Under Pricing select the price list you wish to use in this report.
- Click Save.
- Continue customizing your report for your customer.
Only the price list in this report will be changed.
Updated about 1 month ago