By enabling the margin slider in your SumoQuote account, you can easily adjust profit margins in your quotes.
To enable and configure the margin slider in your account:
- Click Configuration.
- Go to Account Settings.
- Select Price List.
- In the Margin section, near the top of the page.
- Click Edit.
- Set your Default Margin for all line items that have not been specified (if no margin is entered it will default to 33%).
- Set your minimum margin (the minimum allowable profit margin of your quote).
- Toggle whether you would like to use Margin across your entire SumoQuote account.
- Toggle the margin slider on/off on your Quote Details and Authorization pages.
NOTE: enabling this feature will use Margin in place of Markup across your entire account.
- MARGIN = Profit as a percentage of overall revenue
(ex. 35% of our revenues were profit).
- MARKUP = Percentage profit increase over the cost of goods/services sold
(ex. We added 35% to our total costs to give us our profit).
Updated 12 months ago